Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Birthday to meeeee (in 35 days time)

It's my birthday in 35 days time. That's 35 days away. That makes it the 25th of July. That's my birthday!

I will be 1 step closer to the big 30! I will be in my late twenties. I will no longer be classed as mid twenties. I will officially be taking the next step in becoming old.

I will now bore you with some birthday celebrations that i have had in the past...

25th July 1978 - i was born. That was some celebration. I shot out at lightening speed. My mum went into labour at 4.00pm, i was born at 4.30pm. She tells me constantly that she loves me for that very pain free quick reason...

25th July 1983 - i am 5. I remember this birthday cos i had a superman cake. My mum made it. I was having a party with all my newish schoolie friends at my house. We had a picnic on the dining room floor. The cake was in the middle of the blanket. I cunningly came up with the idea that instead of walking around the blanket to go to the loo, I would jump it. I didn't make the jump. You can guess what happened...

25th July 1987 - i am 9. I had a party at Wimpey, the burger chain that sold most of it's franchise to Burger King. It was a surprise party for me cos i had expressed a great delight in having a birthday party at McDonalds. My dad booked Wimpey cos it was cheaper. There is a photo somewhere of me being an ungrateful bitch and sobbing next to Mr Wimpey himself cos he wasn't Ronald McDonald. I refused to eat my burger and all my friends were sent home early. What an ungrateful cow...

25th July 1990 - i am 12. I had a little sleepover that year. We waited until my parents were alseep and escaped out into the night. We wandered around the streets until 5 in the morning thinking we were all hard. We got back to find my dad waiting at the back door that we left wide open. We all got a good walloping...

25th July 1995 - i am 17. My friend had an all nighter party for me at his house while his parents were on holiday. The police were called twice, every bit of furniture in his front room was broken. My best friend went to hospital with alcohol poisoning. My friend whose house it was had his nose broken the next day by his uncle. What fun!!

25th July 1999 - i am 21. I did bugger all this year cos i was ill. It sucked!!

25th July 2001 - i am 23. I got off my face on cheap cider round my then boyfriends house. I swore i would never drink again. Ever.

25th July 2004 - i am 26. I got given a Nintendo Game Boy Advance from my then boyfriend. He took it back off me a week later when we split up. No hardship on my part, he bought it for himself anyway.

25th July 2005 - i will be 27!!!! I hope i will be wined and dined and loved by many.

There you have it, my most memorable birthdays. I'm lucky i remembered that many, my memory sucks...

I am just gonna slip a bit in here in the memory of Geoff Bennett. 2 years! Blimey, time flies. Thinking of you honey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack