Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Holy Shit Batman... (well, Darth really)

Since i have moved into my new flat with D and Darth, I have had a few disasters when it comes to the good old electric appliance. In fact, i have had 3 in 3 months. 1 a month eh?? Not bad at all.

My electrifying touch began just 2 days after moving into the new flat. D fancied some beef in a bag for tea, so, being the dutiful wife to be that i am, i slung a pack in the microwave, set the time as per the packet instructions and waited...

...One big blue flash and lots of smoke later, no beef in a bag for D's tea!! And, more importantly, no microwave to cook my chips in.

*sob*

Last month, I toddled into the kitchen to make some toast as you do! I popped the bread in, i clicked the 'go' button. The toaster growled at me and refused to gimme my bread back.

K nil, Electrical appliances... two

Last night i put a Fray Bentos Steak and Ale pie...

*mmmmmmmmmmm Fray Bentosssssss*

into my built in, really difficult to take out and replace, oven. While i watched telly and waited for my really delicious pie to cook, an awful smell omitted from the kitchen. Thinking that Darth had probably shat all over my clean laminate floor i wandered into the kitchen to have a look, and found a nice haze before me. Yes people, i had set my oven on fire. The pie was fine, my oven was ablaze.

Fuck.

So, within 3 months i had managed to effectively blow up 3 electric appliances. What a star!!

I'm gonna start wearing rubber soled shoes...

1 Comments:

Blogger LMPP said...

Ah well Jon, we all have our vices and Fray bentos is mine!! I also quite like to mix scrunched up plain crisps with salad cream and use it as a sandwich filler...

...mmmmmmm

whats your fave weirdest food combo??

xx

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack