Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I was reading a fabby blog eariler that i stumbled upon while perusing through my fave bloggies. She has issues with her car. She has issues with her dad not believing her about the faults with her car. Honey, i sooooo relate to you... Let me explain...

I used to drive a big hefty silver Mazda 626. Yep, little ol' me in a mother of a car, it was so big it wouldn't fit in my dads garage. Anyway, i'd bought this car from my then boyfriends mum for £750. Remember that ok. It was in pretty good nick for a K reg, no rust anywhere, alloy wheels, (that kept deflating - didn't think to warn me of that did you bitch??) tidy interior. It was a dream for the first 6 months i owned it...

Then, the shit really began...

Driving to work one relatively sunny morning, there i was hurtling along the dual carriageway at 60mph when the car starts swerving all over the shop. Fuck. Me. I ended up skidding along sideways until i grounded to a halt, situated across 2 lanes of busy road. I'd lost the contents of my stomach straight into my knickers i tell thee. After getting the fuck out of my car i went to inspect what caused me to almost die that day.

It was a blowout on a rear tyre. The nice AA man that had seen my death defying stunt changed it for me and i merrily continued my journey into work. Later that evening while recounting the horror to my then MIL, she said, and i kid you not...

'Oh, maybe i should of mentioned it when you bought the car from me *(6 god damn months previously)* that the tyres sometimes lose all the air and you have to refill them at a garage. It's to do with the seals you see. I did think about changing the wheels but then you bought it so i didn't bother. Expensive wheels are you know.'

And then she calmly continues drinking her tea.

WTF??????? Isn't that an important piece of info that i really needed to know, you know, in case i wanted to change the fucking wheels so i don't have to be in that situation?? Hmmmm???? Like i want to be involved in a horrific car accident?? Thanks then whore!!!!

A few months later, the piece of scrap decided that it wanted to rev it's engine really loudly while idling say, on traffic lights, up and down and up and down. Imagine rrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR!

I sounded like a boy racer revving his engine ready for a race with the robin reliant next to me. It was cringeworthy stuff. People glared at me and stuff. And my dads answer to this???

'You must be tapping the accelerator with your foot without realising.'

*Grit teeth*

The fucking car wouldn't do it when my dad drove it would it?? Noooo. It did it to piss me off!

The garage said 'it's an electrial fault, we don't deal in electrical faults'

The garage that deal's with the forementioned faults said 'it'll cost you £900 for the part thats broken off. Before labour'

Fuck me.

Then, the garage said 'We know someone who can sell you the part for £150 but you'll have to go and buy it and we'll fit it.'

So i did, and they fitted it, and i picked my car up, and have a guess what happened... Go on...

rrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrr.

*hits head repeatedly on steering wheel*

So, being the pissy pants that i am, i sold the bastard after averaging a spend of £88 per month trying to fix the piece of shite.

I now have a lovely 1 litre Nissan Micra that can't even get up to 60mph to have a tyre blow out on me. Needs a wash though, can't see through the bird crap to drive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack