Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Bad day already

It's only 11.17am and already i want to crawl home and bury my head in a large bucket of chocolate ice cream. So far today i have cried, screamed, shouted, sobbed uncontrollably, kicked things, been horrible to collegues (who deserved it) and eaten a ton of twix!! Why? Well... are you sitting comfortably?? Then i'll begin...

7.57am. I am supposed to start work at 8.00am and i did leave home with plenty of time to get into work which is oooo about 1/2 hours drive away. I ended up sat in the mother of all traffic jams because a set of temporary traffic lights refused to turn green. Fuckers. I eventually trundled into work at 8.23am...
8.24am. It dawned on me after rushing in, logging on and attempting to read my emails that my email and internet were not sending and receiving. Now this causes me major problems due to the fact that ALL my work is email/internet related and i had to get a ton of info out by 9.00am to various customers. Coupled with the fact that i yet had to get said info from various depots and collate it (via pissing email) this isn't a great start to my Tuesday!
8.30am. Rang boss. Bosses phone turned off. Great. Rang IT guy. IT guys phone turned off. Marvellous...
8.31am to 9.10am. Screamed and shouted and cried and kicked things...
9.10am to 9.15am. Got really pissy with work colleague hassling me for info when i have already told him that duh! email is down knobcheese. Fuck off and quit bugging me.
9.16am. Started marathon Twix eating session whilst rocking slowly back and forth.
9.17am to 9.32am. Chain ate Twixes.
9.32am. Accountancy type bloke turns up wanting... you guessed it, info.
9.35am. Boss calls back and tells me to go and restart server machine. So off i toddle to do so...
9.37am. Called boss to ask him which one is server machime as there are 3 machines all purring away next to each other in the server room, all identical. Boss doesn't know. Wait for IT man to call me.
9.48am. IT man calls me and all is well! Or so i thought...
10.02am. Email happily receives but won't send. Sobs uncontrollably...
10.32am. Email decides to send emails.

Hoorah!! 5 Twixes and 2 cans of coke later all is well. Or have i now tempted fate? Do i have to touch some wood or something??

*touches head*

Lets see if it gets any better today!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Oh poor thing. Here's some ((((((((hugs)))))). It will get better. Really. I promise.

2:06 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

Hey babe, thanks! I really needed that hug!!

My day got worse as you can read about in my latest post. If you have any advice please leave it. I'll be most grateful

xxx

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack