Thursday, August 18, 2005

flippin' heck

Whilst yapping with the new (loopy) barmaid last night, i discovered that she really is a cat. Why?? Because she has had so many close calls she really has to have 9 lives. Here are the 2 most scariest accidents she has had. I'm telling you, it makes me grateful that i am not as loopy as her...

Incident 1. Falling off a cliff, basically on purpose. She decided to jump of a cliff into the water below. No a biggie, everyone does it as the drop there isn't far, plus it's good fun!! She managed to pluck up the courage to launch herself off this cliff, only to chicken out at the last second. She tried to stop, slid on the gravel and went over the edge. She hit every ledge/sticky out rock on the way down, broke her back in 3 places and her wrist. She walked out of hospital 2 weeks after. Lucky, lucky bitch!!

Incident 2. Walking into the path of a car. She randomly walked in front of a car. (??!!?). Obviously not looking where she was going. Landed on her head and walked away with just a cut above her eye. Lucky, lucky, lucky bitch.

I'm telling you, she is not human. Seriously though, it freaked me out. She's only 20 and already she's stared death in the face twice. And she is seriously tiny. Apparently she can remember every detail about going over the edge of a cliff, but hardly anything about the car hitting her. I'd rather block the lot out than remember falling to almost certain death.

On a completely different level, one of D's 'posh' friends from holiday sent me a letter, gushing on how wonderful it was to meet me and we should go out for a drink as she lives so close to me. WTF?? Although she was one of the nicer ones i had no idea she loved me so much. That's how it sounds in the letter. Awwww bless. Wonder if i can cope with an evening of such poshness, being the farmer that i am!! Mmmmm.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Hand said...

Rough life--all these jobs, how do you ever find the time for farming?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I am almost wetting myself laughing at the halfwomanhalfcat's misfortune.

Everyone knows you can't chicken out halfway through a jump! I did that once on a high dive board and ended up looking like a right plonker sreaming all the way down!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack