Friday, August 26, 2005

I seriously believe...

That the whole world and his dog are creating more and more work for me. Last night was karaoke night in the pub and usually there are 5 bar staff on as it gets quite busy. Last night there was me. Just me, little ol' me. Everyone else was ill. So me and my boss slaved away pouring pints, opening bottles and grabbing bags of crisps for all the pissy customers, pissy because they have waited for ooo more than a minute to be served. God, english people have absolutely no patience when it comes to waiting for something, i should know, i'm one of them!! And today. Today is Friday. This should be a quiet day in work, winding down for the bank holiday weekend... Bollocks. Ton's and tons of excruicatingly boring work later and i've just about finished. Barely. I'm so knackered, i want my bed. No pubbing for me later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mister Hand said...

Meatbag and I found ourselves in a bar here in Memphis, Tennessee this weekend. Neither of us had spent much time in a bar in years. It was very noisy and full of annoying people. Meatbag, who romanticizes English pubs, commented that he wished he was in England, sipping a pint, with civilized, quiet people. I told him that, judging from this post, it seemed English pubs were just as loud and annoying as American bars. Am I right?

4:40 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

Not quite, they can be if there is football and such or if it's a themed pub. However, local pubs, like the one i work in, are nice quiet locals where you can have a pint in peace. Apart from music nights, then it's loud!! The majority of local pubs will have some sort of music nights happening, although if you go more rural then you eill find the perfect, quiet pub with no loud music or annoying factors. Me & the other half often go 'rural'.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

New Zealand --> Australia --> France --> England...

My plan for the places I'm going to live out the rest of my life after I'm a rich novelist. I will look you up! Yes, the pubs sound great, might even move England up in front of France.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack