Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mmmmmm

I've noticed that two bloggers seem to love my vocabulary of english slang. So, this post is for you!

My vocabulary comes from my delightful dad. My dad is wonderous and when i was young he used to tell me off with an awary of words that i understood completely. However, when i got older and found myself repeating these words to people that had generally pissed me off, i was met with blank expressions and scratched heads. Yes, my dad has his own language that he taught me & my bro at a young age. I can speak dad.

Here are some examples with their meanings...

'I don't give two hoots...' This is to be shouted while red in the face with steam emerging from both ears. In english, it means 'I don't give a flying fuck...' 'I don't give two hoots if you want an ice cream, fuck off'

'Cor Blige' This is to be use when seeing something amazing, hearing a bit of gossip that amazes you or seeing something you really like. In english, it means 'Fuck me.' 'Cor Blige, look at the tits on that'

'Silly Blind Spakhead' This is to be laughed out when someone does something stupid. In english, it means 'Stupid person'. 'Look at that silly blind spakhead, he's just fallen down a manhole.'

There you go, try using some of these in your daily conversation and receive the looks from people that basically mean 'what the fuck is that twat on about' I get them all the time!

You can now speak 'Dad'. Well done!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mister Hand said...

My mother says "I don't give a hoot" all the time. It's a very Mississippi thing. Funny how much the Southern U.S. and the Brits have in common.

What's really funny is when she's frustrated at a question and she'll exclaim, "Well, poot--why should I give a hoot?!"

Down here biscuits is BISCUITS and not dainty sugar cookies. And we ain't afraid to say "poot."

3:07 PM  
Blogger Meatbag said...

I looked up the "Cor Blige" one. Apparently it was originally "God blind me" which became "Cor blimey" which became "Cor blige" specifically in Bristol. So that's a particularly lovely bit of local flavour.

The "Silly Blind Spakhead" makes me think of Red Dwarf, but I thought that was more of a Scouser thing.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

OH yes... "Spakhead" will now become a permanent part of my lexicon.

11:12 PM  
Blogger jamwall said...

my mother had a strange saying: "Man, Oh Manischewitz" which is odd because we're not jewish (or are we????)

have you tried their gefilte fish? mmmmmmm!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack