Monday, October 10, 2005

I hate pears

Another fruit has annoyed me immensley over the weekend. The pear. I remember a time when pears were all soft and juicy and mmmmmmmmmmmm. Now they are all hard and gritty and bleeeeeeurgh?!!! I sulked long and hard on Saturday when my nice juicy pear fantasy was scuppered!! I had to make do with an apple. And apples are just has bad. The skin gets stuck in my teeth sooooo, i peel my apples!! Yes, i am 5 years old. I have to have my apples peeled before i will contemplate eating them!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, a swig of perry is rather refreshing every now and then. Much better than the cider. Mind you, where i come from, preferring perry over cider is sacreligious. As the Wurzels once sang... 'I am a cider drinker. I drinks it all of the day...' They also sang... 'I've gotta bran' new combine harvester an' i'll give you the key...' But I ain't got one of those so i won't be made to feel guilty over the perry v's cider thing!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ahh, The Wurzels. Makes all us Bristolians sound like chuffin' farmers. Gert cor bliges and all that!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I didn't understand that last sentence at all.

2:32 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

Ahh you wouldn't unless you were partly bristolian!

Sometimes i don't understand have the things my dad says. He's proper bristolian.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Blueprincesa said...

I went to Bristol once. Didn't drink any cider though...

6:09 PM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

I went to Bristol once!

No I didn't!

Why did I just lie?!

Why am I typing the word verification to expose my liarness to the world--no... STOP... typing...

yhzypox...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

I just want to be loved.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Meatbag said...

In our last language lesson LMPP introduced us to the phrase "cor blige", a standard Bristolian oath which originated as "God blind me". Now we've expanded our word knowledge by adding the word "gert", which seems to mean great. So basically "gert cor bliges" means "great God blind me".

And now I'll close with a song:

One for the morning glory
Two for the early dew
Three for the man who will stand his round
And four for the love of you, my girl
Four for the love of you

9:18 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

ahhh, i love you Mister Hand. You are muched loved here.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack