Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fear...

Ok, I think it's time to face upto my fear of flying. Well, ok, fear of aeroplanes. D was on about our honeymoon last night and i literally broke into a cold sweat when he mentioned going abroad, on a plane.

Now, my fear is purely self brought on. I watch waaay too many of those documentries on plane crashes and what causes them. But i really can't stop watching them!! It's like i'm addicted to planes hurtling to the ground.

Last night, i watched a docu about a flight that exploded, broke up mid air and fell into the sea. The entire time i was gripping the sofa arm and D's hand for my life. I seriously watch these programs with fear etched across my face. I need to stop watching them. But i can't.

This is most probably the reason why i dream nasty dreams about planes. When i was a little younger, i used to go out the airport and watch the planes take off and love it. Now i sit there cringing, whilst stranging loving it. When we drive past the place where retired passenger planes are being converted to cargo planes, i stare out of the window with drool hanging from my mouth. I did that last week. It's like i'm scared of them, but i love them!

I have been on a plane before. We went to Florida. I was fine all the way there and all the way back. Even when a woman started screaming 'we're all gonna die' wail sob waaail when we hit bad turbulance. 9 hours each way! I did well. The night before we came home, i watched Alive! on telly, and it still didn't bother me to get on that plane.

Maybe i might try hypnosis. Or something that will enable me to stand next to one without fear that it will explode.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mister Hand said...

Well, I'm certainly no dream interpreter, but I think it's perfectly healthy to be terrified of flying. I am terrified of it. It's a terrifying experience.

Have fun on the honeymoon!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Tell your doctor you are freaked out about flying and a lot of them will perscribe Xanax.

Maybe that is only here.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

Heroin! That's what I would prescribe!

HEEEE-ROW-EEEN!

Flying. Terrifying. If man was meant to fly God would have attached jet engines to our asses.

But enjoy the honeymoon! These things are so much more relaxing after you've stared death in the face!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack