Thursday, December 22, 2005

Never again

Last night, me, D, my friend and her bloke went out for some food to celebrate D's and my friends respective birthdays. That bit was nice. We had a few drinks. That bit was also nice. We then looked at the menu and ordered what we wanted. That was nice too. I wanted the Rack of Lamb which, in the menu, was described as this...

Rack of Lamb......£9.95
Sealed with black pepper and rosemary with a choice of potatoes and Veg.

Before i go further, you must understand that i am a very, VERY fussy eater. I can just about cope with the black pepper bit. Not too keen on it, but will eat it if its there type thing.

The food came out. My Rack of Lamb was covered with some sort of white sauce with red bits in it. Not just a drizzle of sauce, a fucking bucketload of sauce.

I hate any kind of white sauce. But, being a good sport i tried a bit...

Ug.

Not on your nelly. The flem of Satan also covered my chips. So i tried to send it back. They wouldn't take it. I pointed out that the description on the menu did not include the flem of Satan and if it had, then i wouldn't of ordered it in the first place. They still wouldn't take it back. So, for the sake of D and my friend, i shut up.

And stopped at the chippy on the way home for a good old curry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meatbag said...

I'm with you, LMPP. I'm fine with white sauces as long as they don't end in "aise", but I'm really picky about a lot of other things. Restaurants should always include the sauces in the decription. Also, I wish someone would open a good chip/curry shop around here. Over here the ethnic food of choice is Mexican (which I also love and couldn't live without). Curry is rather rare, and I've never had a mushy pea in my life.

10:56 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

WHAT???!!! Seriously man mushy peas are the best!! Especially with a nice piece of battered cod!!

Maybe i'll send you a tin!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mister Hand said...

They wouldn't take it back? That's just craziness.

I'll skip the tin of cod.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack