Monday, January 09, 2006

unbelievable

A while back i posted about my friend who lost both his son and his ex girlfriend through birth. This was almost a month ago.

The funeral is on Friday. This Friday. That's a month and a day after she died.

Apparently, the grapevine is whispering that the parents didn't want to ruin their christmas by having a funeral in the middle.

Eh, people, don't you think their christmas was already ruined?

The papers quoted her mother 'We were waiting for her to tell us she was pregnant, i can only guess she was in denial...' and '...she didn't see a doctor or a midwife the entire time...'

and she unbelievably went to the doctor, 9cm dilated, to complain of a suspected stomach infection.

Heartbreakingly for my friend, his ex had told him she'd had an abortion 5 months earlier and then dumped him. If he had any inkling that she was still pregnant she and that child may still be here.

What gets me is she lived with her parents yet they didn't, once, broach the subject of her dramatic weight gain. I've recently seen a photo of her at 8 months. She is unmistakeably pregnant in it. Her parents confirmed they were 'suspicious'.

I'm still reeling from it. Would your parents say nothing to you if you were in her situation? My dad would have me down that clinic faster than you can say 'but i'm not...'

Unbelievable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

The loss of your friend's son and ex-girlfriend is absolutely tragic. I am sorry for the families.

But I do actually have a friend who was one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" women. I didn't believe that it actually happened until she told me all about how her husband took her to hospital thinking she had some sort of bad gastro and came home with a baby. And she was a grown woman. It happens, it truly does!

8:24 PM  
Blogger LMPP said...

The difference is, she sort of knew she was pregnant. It's difficult to explain. She told my friend that she had an abortion and somehow convinced herself thats actually what she did. If people asked her what her due date was, she would give her own birthday.

She told another barmaid at work she was pregnant, and then denied it to this girls partner. She was completley in denial.

I do feel for her. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack