Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mad i tell you

One of the girls that work in the pub is a trainee hairdresser and often does home visits when it comes to the rest of the bar staff. I've let her loose on my hair once or twice and she's not bad, but i always offer her money or her dinner as she is often starving.

Anyway, she came to work last night all tearful and depressed so i asked what was wrong. Man, i wish i stayed at home. She's sick and tired of all the 'freeloaders' asking her to do their hair. She has to pay for the product from her salon and she has no time to herself ever. I said well the answers quite simple isn't it. Stop doing it for free OR stop doing it altogether. Personally, i'd charge the ass off each and every one of them.

She bleated on for around other 10 minutes about how she can't because they'd all hate her blah blah blah. She's only a baby, 19 at the most and so stressed out. Christ, no ones gonna hate you if you ask them to come into your salon instead.

I know i should be more sympathetic towards her, but it annoys me when someone has a silly little problem like that, that is easily remedied, but he or she rather wallow in the pit of self pity they've created instead.

Maybe i'd be more caring if she came in and said that every evening she is being held hostage in a tiny room and being forced to constantly cut peoples hair with no break to use the loo?

Actually, i'd laugh.

I think i overheard the tailend of a conversation last night which shocked me. As i walked around the side of the bar i was greeted with the sight of my boss stamping his feet and whining 'why won't you play with me?' to the trainee hairdresser, while she stood there with her arms folded shaking her head. Apparently he was being 'a silly old fool trying to cheer me up'.

Hmmmm?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

When I read this post the first time I read "tranee hairdresser".

It changes the whole post.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack