Monday, October 16, 2006

One More and I'll have a Hat Trick...

Hey people, guess where i've been...

You'll never guess...

Hospital!!!

again.

Yep, i did it again. I managed to get myself admitted to hospital for the second time in 5 months, this time, for Tonsillitis.

I felt a bit of a twat actually, i didn't feel ill, i just couldn't swallow. So there i was, a cold and dark Tuesday morning, with my long suffering Dad, at A&E, flobbing into a cardboard bowl cos i couldn't swallow my own spit.

Nice.

They made me get naked into a gown and left me for 4 hours while some bloke nearly died from a low heart rate in the cubicle next to me. Then, just as i nodded off, a nurse decides she would spray an 'Antispetic' spray down my throat, to numb my poorly tonsils and enable me to swallow. Well, all it did was enable me to throw up more easily (over the nurse tee hee) and seize my throat completely.

Yes, breathing was quite difficult at that stage.

Anyway, they whisked me off to Ward 72, surrounded me with old, smelly men, and pumped a ton of drugs into my arm.

Now, me and hospitals do not get on. They do not allow me to sleep. Ever. So on my 90th night of lying awake i hear the unmistakable sound of crutches pittering toward my room. (i had a room, get me). My room is right next to the blokes loo, so quite often i hear things young women don't need to hear, right? Anyway, this bloke who couldn't have been a day younger than 270, was struggling to the loo and i felt a bit sorry for him. So me being me, got up and went to find a nurse to help him. (I wasn't gonna touch him), and as i passed, the evil git spewed.

Right in front of me.

On my sodding foot

I did what any normal, self respecting girlie would do... I cried and wailed and stuck my foot in a basin of scalding water to scrub away all known diseases from my poor skin. The old man just hiccupped at me and wandered off. The nurses tutted at me, and the doc told me off the next day for burning my now slightly pink foot and overeacting just a little.

What do you expect for fucks sake, he was sick. ON MY FOOT. It touched me. *shivers* What about MRSA eh?? He didn't gel his bloody guts first did he. No he fucking didn't.

I was let home the next day. I think i upset the ward. Oops.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Niiice.

Maybe next time you could try for an appendectomy.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie Ann said...

geez...you should just change your name to "sicko" or something!

glad you are out now!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

I'm guessing that "twat" means something different in your part of the world, here it's a really bad word for female parts. But yeah, sometimes I've felt that way too!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack