Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Are you being sarcastic...?

Last night at that happy place known as work I served an unsavoury gentleman (read dodgy). My thoughts were accurately justified when after pulling 3 pints of Blackthorn, he paid me with a fake £20 note. When I say paid, I mean tried to pay me with a fake £20 note.

Sorry but no.

So I told him that I couldn't accept it & asked for other means of payment. Jobs a good 'un.

Later, my boss asked me how could I tell it was fake. The chap had complained about it to him.

Imagine a £20 note, not the new style. The holographic logo was light blue & stamped on instead of embossed. The paper was normal paper not the money stuff. The ink ran when he dropped it in a wet patch of beer on the bar & the printing on the back of the note was on the piss. It was obviously fake.

Apparently, since I didn't check it with the ultraviolet light then I still could have been wrong.

So I checked it with the ultraviolet light & guess what? It was a fake.

Really? No shit Sherlock.

It did piss me off. I was forced to look stupid in front of the smug, grimy little twat, & he had a wedge of these stuffed in his pocket, while my boss told me off for not using the ultraviolet lamp.

Last night was a bad night anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oooh, I hate it when that happens. People making you jump through hoops when they should back you up- grrr!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack