Friday, December 28, 2007

Did we all have a very merry crimbo...?

I did. I ate waaaay too much.

In fact, in my haste of shovelling rather scrummy, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, roasters into my gob, a stray bit of sharp, crispy roaster penatrated my poor mouth, between the tooth & the gum. I was still picking bits of potato out 3 hours later. Today, my face is still swollen & now I can't eat anything cos MY MOUTH HURTS!!!

My own fault, yes I know. I couldn't even eat the cold turkey salad stuff my mum made.

Nor the homemade turkey stew.

Nor the homemade clementine trifle with fresh cream & chocolate sprinkles.

Nor the homemade mince pies & sausage rolls.

Nor the homemade cheese biscuits with sweet thai chilli sauce, warmed for perfection.

Believe me, these were eaten on my behalf. There isn't anything left now. It makes me very sad. I consoled myself with a rocket shaped ice lolly. Not homemade.

No contest is there?

Anyway, the rest of Christmas was fab!! D bought me perfume, cat ornaments & a Nintendo DS, with games as he thinks I could benefit from some 'Brain Training'!!? My mum knitted me a big fluffy bunny rabbit & bought me a cat print umbrella and a porcelain cat & gave me £50. I have various vouchers for various stores which I will heartly spend on Saturday, and mommy in law gave me some jewellery, a big tin of party ring biscuits & vouchers for Ikea. We drank lots, ate lots (until the tooth incident, then I watched people eat lots), watched Finding Nemo, the Queens speech, Doctor Who, Eastenders (to the disgust of my mother), Coronation Street, Love Actually & The Simpsons movie during which I fell asleep.

So really, Christmas was great this year. How was yours?

3 Comments:

Blogger Bogie said...

Christmas sort of past me by this year. Spent most of the time unpacking boxes in my new house. I think my mum tried to poison me as I spent all Christmas night sweating my arse off in bed. But felt much better on Boxing day. We've found your prezzie while unpacking, so when we see you next we'll drop it off. Becky likes the cows by the way.

12:56 PM  
Blogger D0k said...

Merry Chrimble to one and all, me and V spent it in Northampton with the gf`s mum and her feller.

They drove all the way to Minehead to pick us up, then took us there (And also back)

Good thing really, as V still isn't driving too much :( We now hate van drivers almost as much as I hate Katie Mellua!

2:25 PM  
Blogger D0k said...

Oh, just realised i had the wrong name there :D

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack