Monday, December 03, 2007

Random Stuff...

I like grapes, especially red ones.
I buy red grapes & put them in my fruit bowl every week.
I then chuck them out after a week because I'd forgotten to eat them.
It really pisses me off.

Last week, a man in our yard slit his wrist whilst trying to score a large sheet of paper with a knife. Unfortunately for him, he managed to slit himself vertically right down the middle of his artery. You can imagine the blood. The ambulance took 12 minutes to get here. 12 minutes with a slit wrist = a hell of a lot of lost blood. The paramedics by all accounts were rude & standoffish with him. I so hate this country sometimes.

He's ok now, 3 hours in surgery & a lot of cleaning up for his coworkers. I expect he is feeling incredibly sore now though.

Yesterday was my nephews 11th Birthday. 11?!! Wow. What follows is the conversation I had with him when I went to give him his birthday present.

LMPP: 'Happy birthday Stu-Poo'
Stu: 'Grunt'
L: 'Have you had a nice day? What did mum & dad get you?'
S: 'Grunt'
L: 'Did you get to go ice skating with Saleem?'
S: 'Grunt'
L: 'Do you want to watch Elf with me? It's on now.'
S: 'Grunt'
L: 'Ok then, here's your present'
*lots of rummaging & tearing*
S: 'Grunt'
L: ...
S: ...
L: 'Well, happy birthday anyway'
S: 'Grunt'
D: 'Hey Stu-pot, Happy Birthday!'
S: 'Hey Uncle D, come watch Elf with me'
L: ...
S: 'Oh, Auntie K, some rugby boots would be good for my xmas present. Ok?'
L: '...oh ok then'
S: 'Grunt'

Such wonderful communication between Auntie & Nephew. Wait until I offer him some sweets next week, he will be brimming with conversation.

Little Shit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Ann said...

holy crap! that's terrible about the bloody guy!

your nephew sounds like my nephew and little step brother...little buggers.

i'm still reading your blog every day :)

know that you are loved!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

So you can imagine the extent of conversation in this house. Miraculously, adolescent boys can actually communicate with each other using only a series of grunts. I'm surprised nobody's ever studied this phenomenon!

7:48 AM  
Blogger LMPP said...

Yay love you too Carrie!!

I remember the days when I could hold a conversation with my nephew. Usually about lego & jellie babies, but it was still a conversation

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack