Thursday, February 28, 2008

The local Italian...

Last night, Me & D decided that as I had drank one to many Baileys & was unable to drive to Sainsbury's to buy stuff for tea, we would go out for food instead. We walked to our local Italian restaurant & settled in for an evening of good food & even better wine.

How wrong was I.

I can't fault the service, our waiter was tres dishy, the wine was yummy, but the food...

D's pizza looked really nice, as did his starter which was Prawn Cocktail. If I liked prawns, I would have eaten his. My starter was 'Classic Bruscetta' & out it came, looking delicious with plump red tomatoes chopped up & drizzled with a generous amount of olive oil, but, do you think I could chew through the bread?? No. It was so stale, it took real manpower to slice through the damn thing. So instead I ate just the tomatoes & the accompanying salad & left the bread, looking sad & grey on the edge of the plate.

Next I had a chickeny tomatoey & wine winey sauce all spruced up with millions of Italian herby thing. Now, this place is an 'authentic' Italian, the last this I expected to be served with my Italian is huge chunks of chopped, boiled carrot & half a cauliflower, & chunky chips so greasy it could put the local chippy to shame. So I ate only the chicken, which was nice. But I couldn't bring myself to eat the rest of it, carrots & cauliflower just didn't go.

D very graciously let me have a dessert which was absolutely gorgeous. Black Cherry ice cream drizzled with amaretto & served with flaked almonds & whipped cream in return for not embarrassing him by complaining to the dishy waiter. I wasn't going to complain, I was too merry by then but let's not tell D that shall we??

All in all, I think I would have preferred the local curry house instead, but we won't tell D that either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack