Friday, January 02, 2009

It's so damn cold...

In fact, my car iced over whilst driving it this morning with the heaters on. I have to pull over quick & pray there wasn't a parked car in my way.

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! A bit late I know but then again, better late than never eh?

Yesterday, yes, New Years Day, I got pulled over by a copper for apparently pulling out in front of a car. It didn't matter that the car I 'pulled out in front of' was approx 5 football field lengths away from me, he still pulled me & proceeded to tell me what was wrong with my car...

Him: 'You have no brake lights madam'.
Me: 'Yes I do, I can see them lighting up on your car you're parked so far up my ass!'

Apparently that's a bad thing being cheeky to the police.

Him: 'I'm going to issue you with a vehicle defect form. You have to immediately get your car repaired by a registered MOT Testing Station & get this form stamped & post it to this address on the back. Do I make myself clear Mrs. M?'
Me: 'Duh, it's New Years Day, Pray tell where I'm supposed to get this done on New Years Day??'
Him: 'Not my problem Mrs. Mead'.

The police, very helpful.

In fact, when I went to hand it in at my local police station after dragging my friend away from his family meal to fixed my car & stamp said form, the nice lady behind the counter told me she couldn't accept it & that it had to be posted and gave me an envelope for my trouble.

Thanks, I'm soooo pleased.

I then went to work in the pub, where I'm not in the managements good books, & played gin rummy with the other member of bar staff for most of the night. No customers is an understatement, I must have served no more than 11 people in 6 hours. I do not think we will be getting double time this New Years Day.

Fabulous start to 2009 don't you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Cops suck. They're never there when you need them and they're ALWAYS there when you don't. Thanks for stopping by for a spork award. Don't forget to pick it up on Monday! Have an acceptance speech ready. ;)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack