Thursday, July 23, 2009

It Never Rains...

Things haven't been easy the last few weeks in the LMPP parental household.

Mother is unwell.

Usually when Mother falls ill we all know about it from the mouth of Dad. Mother shouts at Dad because she feels shitty and Dad is usually pulling her chain by trying to do EVERYTHING for her (Bless you Dad) so she doesn't have to get up and do anything. Dad then whines to the offspring (Me and Bro) about how poorly Mother is and how he has to cook his own tea or something...

This time however, Mother is reaaaallllly unwell.

My wonderful, lovely Mum has lost her sight in one eye due to a condition called Temporal Arteritis (Yes, A.R.T.E.R.I.T.I.S, not Arthritis) and as a result had to spend the best part of last week in the eye hospital where she discovered she is also suffering from Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and has been for probably the last 3-4 years. I did my mummy proud, I didn't cry. Well, not in front of her anyway.

How do you deal with the news that someone you love soooooooo much has cancer?

It's only mild so no need to worry too much yet, she has stage 1. So that's what I have been doing. I've been reading up so much to see what the odds are and if she is going to be ok. So far, Stage 1 is not life threatening and can be treated successfully for years to come although not curable. At the moment...

...but it is still cancer and it's that I can't deal with.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

I'll be thinking of you and hope your mum makes a full and speedy recovery.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Sorry to hear your family is going through such a tough time. Best wishes being sent for speedy recovery.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

black jack
blackjack